View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 12:56 AM   #215
jsrock3
Rep
Drives: BMW

Just thought I would throw a post on this thread to confirm that if you follow the google doc link on page 1 of this thread the install and coding for Xenon Adaptive lights works with no warnings or faults after. The only possible error in the document is the headlight part number ending in "51" should be "54." So, I bought two Xenon adaptive headlights from a junk yard for about $1400 and they ended in part number "54" and "53".

The other small parts I bought from BMW for about $40.

I didnt need part #12527503411.

I did the pre-wiring like the document said ahead of time and bought all the necessary tools from Amazon for about $250. I got two shops to quote about $400-$600 for the install but I decided to tackle myself.

I did the install myself and the headlights took about 3-4 hours (I do have prior experience in replacing my headlights though) and the wiring took about 2-3 hours. USR has a great youtube for their DEPO lights I used to see how to remove the bumper etc.

The FEM is easy to get to but I watched a youtube video by Kies Motorsports on a different install for "comfort access" that helped explain how to remove the trim. The two "H" connectors in the FEM are a pain in the rear to install so be patient.

Make sure you have new lower headlight grommets (Part # 63127280779). You need 4 and if you try and re-use your old ones it will make the install take much much longer, trust me.

I turned on my lights prior to coding and they came on (minus the halos) then shut off. I dont think its good to have them on prior to coding. I felt like I was going to break something so I turned them off until the coding. The coding in the google doc is correct as well.

I HIGHLY recommend Steve at Codemybimmer info@codemybimmer.ca

He remote coded my NBT retrofit and did this coding in like 20 mins.

My car now has adaptive xenons and the fog lights turn on in reverse and individually when turning corners! Its one of the best installs yet!

Keep in mind when you adjust the beams after the install you may have to check by putting the car in reverse because in park the driver light will pan to the left (which it should). So to get the both straight while being stopped you need to be in reverse I think. Might help to have someone in the car while you manually adjust the beam in the front. Kies motor has a great youtube on how to adjust your beams!

All in I spent less than $1500. I bought the headlights with everything already attached so I didnt buy part "C" though "G" individually (listed in the google doc).

I have a 2014 BMW F30 with factory halogens, US (left hand drive). My car was manufactured in December 2013. These are really great and I gave up my DEPOs for them (totally worth it).
Appreciate 0