View Single Post
      11-13-2020, 10:25 AM   #224
WrxToBeamerGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan340 View Post
I finally got around to put on my turbo blanket. Took me a while to get around it, I apologize for those who I left waiting on my review, however here it finally is.

The installation I didn't end up doing it myself. I gave it to my shop in which they said the installation was pretty tedious and somewhat complex. It took them around 3 to 4 hours to install it. For sure they recommend to have a second set of hands because doing it alone can be a little more frustrating.

In terms of performance and heat management I have to say, I am very impressed with how much heat it contains. Most of the heat I use to feel when opening the hood is gone. Engine bay temps dropped significantly just by the feel of it. Still have to get some logs done to see the overall IAT difference.

Here are some pics of my engine bay and the turbo blanket. Turbo blanket also helped big time keeping my catch can cooler since I retrofitted the BMS catch can to sit right on top of the turbo manifold to keep my stock airbox, which I also highly recommend to keep IATs lower.
Would you mind sharing your process for installing that oil catch can in that location? I removed mine to put the stock intake back in and would love to put the catch can where you put yours.
Appreciate 0