Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surg_Capt_R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkeh View Post
I need some further information on this. Need to get my account sorted...
As the name suggests it is a free check before your warranty expires. No issues to report on mine. However, my gut feeling is that they don't check anything and everything. If there any obvious issues they will address those. I took the opportunity to check the car over myself and scan for codes but found nothing. If I had then I would have pointed this out to them and expected a warranty repair. It was good to have it times with the first MOT.
They do not check, or at least report, everything.

Anything deemed as cosmetic will not be reported to you. So, diamond cut wheels will not be checked for corrosion etc. You must point this and similar defects out.

My wife's Mini had rubbed through the paint on the door pillars, down to the bare metal. Noticed two months after this check, phoned up and quoted £600+ for new door seals, respray and protective plastic. Known issue and fix... Grumbled and pointed out end of warrantee check they had missed it on... They said it could not be reported or actioned by them as its cosmetic. The customer has to notice these things.

Goodwill made it £72 at 3 years 2 months...

So, check for any cosmetic issues.