Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashollie View Post
I worry about losing the adaptive but figure having one good setting is better than a poor comfort and sports setting.

I've just thought, will this affect the heavier steering you get with the sports mode? I do like that its not great but better than the regular light steering.
Everything else connected to the mode button still works as usual: steering weight, throttle response, gear change points etc.

You won't miss the adaptive. The car works better without it.
I already have Ohlins on my car but I can 'back' Lorcan in terms of moving to a good passive suspension setup rather than BMW adaptive which doesn't do anything particularly well. I don't miss adaptive suspension at all - passive dampers are far more predictable.

Driving modes now work as follows :

Stick left : sports gearbox mode.
DTC : manual control in any gearbox mode
One press on the driving mode button : Sport (which is set on my car to only change the chassis, so just weightier steering)
Two presses : Sports+ : weightier steering plus DTC on
Paddles or gearshift : manual override at any point : temporary in Comfort and permanent in Sports+ or with stick left

This gives a wide range of options to pick from depending on the roads and conditions.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0