Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_k View Post
Hello,

I am currently looking into getting a 435D xDrive or potentially a 440i.

At the moment I am swaying towards the 435D as I like the idea of having xDrive and better MPG.

My only concern is that my commute to work is very short, I commute around 4-5 miles to work (there and back). I also do around a 15 minute country roads drive about 3 times a week. Would this be terrible for the DPF? Would taking it on the motorway once a week for a clear out keep it in good condition?

Or am I better off going for the 440i as my commute is short so MPG shouldn't be too much of an issue anyway, just missing the xDrive.

Any advice would be appreciated
Why not find a 440i xDrive for sale? With such a short commute, gas mileage isn't a decision factor. Get the car that will be most enjoyable to drive.

I've owned RWD, fwd, awd, but the Xdrive is unique because of its rear wheel bias. The other awd cars that I've owned were front wheel biased. I'd say that they were safer in poor conditions but they did nothing to enhance the driving experience. That's not the case at all with xDrive.

Get a petrol xDrive and enjoy the hell out of it! The 340i/440i xDrive is perfect because you'll have the most powerful stock engine in the B58. Loads of fun!
Appreciate 0