View Single Post
      07-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #2272
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger_643 View Post
I've noticed over the course of owning this car and reading this thread (or browsing Flickr or Instagram) that it can look really good from very few and very particular angles. This was a walk-away-and-look-back moment. But when I've actually parked it to take a shot, it has mostly been, "oh that's terrible" or, "that makes the car's ass look fat". Maybe it's just me.
Same. That's why almost all of my pics are side shots or close to it. The front 3/4 can look akward, especially if you're taking the pic from too low and not enough side profile is showing. Sometimes mine looks like it has Z4 proportions. Basically I've come to the conclusion that the farther forward/rearward the pic is taken from, the higher up it has to be held. Otherwise at least 50% of the shape has to be showing the side. And then there's that awkward point where the opposing headlight/tailight is juuuuust barely peaking into the frame lol. I just avoid that angle at all costs.

Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417

Last edited by kern417; 07-16-2018 at 07:15 AM..
Appreciate 0