View Single Post
      09-15-2021, 03:23 AM   #29
brob
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Thanks guys (Bambazonke and silencer2008) for your offers of help.

Not really expecting a reply, I soldiered on today and now have the speed limit icon appearing on the HUD as well as the dashboard. Basically I worked through all the "Funzionen" under KOMBI and HU_NBT looking for modules with the words SPEEDLIMIT, SLI, KI etc and set to aktiv those which looked appropriate, and those which other coders had suggested.
So for KOMBI, these were:
ANZEIGE_NPI = aktiv
HUD_NAVI_ENABLE = aktiv
HUD_NBI_ENABLE = aktiv
HUD_SLI_ENABLE = aktiv
HUD_SLI_TSM_ENABLE = aktiv
KI_PIA_SPEEDLIMIT = aktiv
HUD_PIA_SLI =aktiv

And then under HU_NBT:
SLI_NAVI_DISPLAY = nicht aktiv
SPEEDLIMIT_INFO = aktiv

I also added the emulator device code 8TH to the VO. Interestingly, this device now shows up on the VO list as a factory fitted option.

It seems that the Chinese guys who produce these emulators and specify the required coding are struggling with the multitude of BMW international variations, and that they don't always discover all the relevant functions in the FA lists. Incidentally, this is the first time I've coded - I use E-SYS with an OBD to ethernet cable connected to a Windows 10 PC. I also have a Carly, but it's not particularly useful.

Overall impression as I trolled through the FA lists is that the BMW coding system is pretty bullet proof, and that there are some amazing parameters that could be recoded if your car has the matching hardware. There's even stuff in there for the i3 and i8 electric models.

The other good news is that the latest map update - I'm running RoadMap AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND Next 2021 NBT_L15184A - obviously has the necessary speed limit data included, and if you ignore temporary limits which might be picked up if you had the KAFAS camera system installed, the display changes instantly you drive from one speed zone to another as determined by the roadside signage.

Thanks again for your interest!
Appreciate 0