View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #24
HybridAWD
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i xDrive

So it's been a few weeks now and I can still say that I am 99% happy with the floor coverings however there are a couple of "issues" imo.

For starters, the driver side has two "areas of concerns" which really aren't that big of a deal however they are worth mentioning.

The first area is next to the accelerator. I've noticed that the mat buldges out slightly and if you rest your foot to the right of the accelerator it feels a bit awkward. It's hard to explain but Im sure you can understand what I am saying. The fix will most likely be to add some velcro to the backside to keep the car mat tight against the tunnel.

The second area that is more of an annoyance than anything is the portion that goes over the lower portion of the seat belt. After a few times of the seat belt being used, the car mat pops out from under the trim.

It would have been awesome if the manufacturer had an opening for the seat belt to pass through. That's the best fix imo and it might be one I address with a seamstress. If it costs $50 or so to do the work, it'll be worth it. (no idea why the picture is displaying upside down)

Last thing worth mentioning, these are super easy to clean and I am glad I went with the black thread. I'm not sure how easy or how long white thread (or any lighter color) would hold up, but I think black was a good choice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0