Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekdbrich View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekdbrich View Post
I so missed this thread. yup, anything over 24 is bad... real bad. I ended up with a blown ring and a worthless motor. heart transplant at 54K.
Jeez, I didn't know you motor blew When did this happen, recently?
recently. my car was in the shop for a month diagnosing the problem. started with a misfire code. The car overboosted to 25psi and kicked the safety map on my JB4. it scared the hell out of me and I took my tune off for about 2 weeks and ran stock. everything seemed fine and checked out, so I changed to BM3. babied the car, as I was getting a misfire, so I did what most normal folks would do... change plugs and coils. no help there. the car started idling crazy rough and I took it to my mechanic. did a compression test... 180 in cylinders 2, 3, 4 - 50 in cylinder 1. did a leakdown test and she was leaking past the rings. my mechanic has a great relationship with BMW and was able to get me a brand new motor. cost effective and not dumping money to labor just to rebuild.

long story to say, IMO with our motors, datalog often. 22psi on stock internals is the highest I would want. anything above is flirting with danger.

when I was running JB4, I was running 22psi with a downpipe and stage 1. Stage 2 flirted with 24 and then overboosted twice which most likely caused me a motor. take caution.

I'm running BM3 stage 1 now in the safe zone. its smooth as silk compared to JB4 and I don't have to worry about excess boost.
what boost level you running in bm3?
Appreciate 0