Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 340i (2015) Alpine White

Garage List
2015 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjermalee View Post
I actually really don't mind the feel of the tires. You can definitely feel the road a lot more which makes you feel more confident when driving. However, you have to be VERY careful with pot holes and bumps. I went through a pair of tires already :/ got them replaced with a pair of Goodyear Eagle Sport since that was all the Just Tires store had even I got the flat. The ride is decent in comfort mode and gets a bit bumpier in sport.

It should be a direct fit when you swap out wheels and the Ferric Gray is a nice color. I love the stance if the car- it looks more aggressive and fills out the wheel arches without rubbing. Definitely worth the upgrade!
Thanks for the reply.

I suppose I've got a few things to think about:
  1. Going from 403M to 356 wheels - is this an improvement visually
  2. Going from 19" to 20" - will fill the wheel arch better, but lower profile tyres will give harsher ride

I suppose item 1. above will be a personal choice and hard for someone to speak for another's choice, but as I haven't seen 356 wheels in the flesh then opinions do help.

Regarding item 2. filling the wheel arch better is always a positive, and since I'm not looking at lowering my car then this also helps. Regarding harsher ride with the 20" over the 19" I suppose again to each to their own, but when the tyres wear down will look at non-RFT which will certainly help here (unfortunaelty 20" tyres are not cheap here in Oz, but I suppose if I want to change to 20" will just have to accept).

Did you fit any spacers on the front of your car to flush the tyres will wheel arch, or is the 245/35-20 a good fit?

Cheers
John