08-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
First off, I thoroughly enjoy reading through these suspension posts, Farkle. Thank you for putting all this information together in different posts. Subscribed to all of them.

Secondly, I'm currently looking at suspension options for my 340i RWD with track handling - so adaptive suspension and want to achieve a very mild drop, have more responsiveness, and less body roll. I'm debating between these choices right now - I'm also thinking of doing the F8x LCAs

1) M performance suspension
2) Dinan springs, bump stops, shockware
3) F8x ZCP springs (bump stops?)

I wondered which option would help me achieve my goals while not breaking the bank. I'd also like to fit the M performance front lip eventually too, so going too low wouldn't be conducive to that. Any help or thoughts are definitely appreciated!
I would say that #2 and #3 are probably fairly similar and comparable, but #1 will be a good bit different from those two, and more expensive (probably by double). It will have a significantly higher ride frequency in the front and different damping characteristics. I haven't seen a shock dyno of the M-Perf dampers unfortunately. The M-perf suspension should feel the most responsive.

If you can get the spring rates for the Dinan springs I can give you a better idea of how they'd compare with F80 ZCP springs. I don't believe shockware was co-developed/optimized specifically for Dinan springs and bump stops, despite what marketing might imply. If it was, they'd probably have different shockware profiles for different F3x cars, but it doesn't look that way (same PN across different models).

The F8x ZCP spring kit I have for sale will drop the front and rear about 0.3". The final spring rate on the ZCP rear spring will give the same rear ride freq as the M-Perf kit.

If you want to do incremental upgrades I'd try either the Dinan or F8x springs with F8x bump stops, and then if you want more from there get shockware. If you want to change things up more radically, then just go for the M-Perf suspension.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0