04-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #19
///MSport420
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweels View Post
If you fold the mirrors using the button inside the car, once you lock the car, they of course stay folded in. Under these circumstances the mirrors do NOT unfold on unlocking the car. This is absolutely right as it is possible that the driver may have folded the mirrors in using the button (whilst you are still in the car) to fit the car in a narrow gap, so you wouldn't want the mirrors to unfold automatically (e.g. if the passenger door is close to a wall/gatepost).

If, however, the OP is saying they folded the mirrors by pressing and holding the lock button on the key, there is no reason why the mirrors shouldn't unfold on unlocking the car, so this means a trip to the dealer.
That's exactly what i did, my garage is narrow and i had to fold my mirrors to get in. After that they never worked from keyfob. I also tried the method by holding the lock and it folds fine but upon pressing unlock , it won't unfold. It really annoys me as i only collected my car yesterday ... I will try different things tomorrow..fold and unfold from inside and then use keyfod method...hope it works