View Single Post
      04-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #79
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyWilly View Post
Pardon me if someone already mentioned this but.. that is the sound a fake DV+ makes. Where did you buy yours from? Budy of mine had a fake one and a real one to show me.
The DV+ is 100% real and bought from a reputable dealer. Hell, even then I checked to make sure.

While I can't say a fake DV+ will make this sound, the real DV+ will also make this sound and it's not incorrect. I don't want to sit here and type out the exact reasoning of how this thing works again, but I will say again: If you get flutter under low throttle, low boost, low RPM, you name it, this is completely NORMAL. If you are receiving flutter in the higher RPM range, under high boost, or even while you're still on the gas, then yes, this is wrong and actually compressor surge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
BunkerJ ilivas

I sent this to GDP and their response

Their reply
Regarding the email above, I was correct in saying that the question and lack of information led Jonathan astray. I took it upon myself to email him with the full details, as explained in this thread, and guess what: I got the correct response. Not trying to rip on you, but this just goes to show that you must be specific in how you phrase a question and make sure to provide the correct details; otherwise, we clutter the thread with... Dare I say it? Fake news? Lol. Here is the response from Jonathan:

Quote:
Hi Justin!

Thanks for contacting us, we are always here to help. A vital bit of information I was missing was that the surging was not there in the higher RPM range. If it was doing this in the high RPM range, then this would definitely be a concern, so the fact that it’s only surging at light load really isn’t a concern for the turbocharger’s safety. What needs to be understood too is that the ECU is controlling all the operation of the valve, and essentially the DV+ works as a slave to the ECU signal. Some vehicles ECU’s simply do not trigger their valves till certain RPM/loads have been met. So do not worry because none of your setup is in threat of its safety 😊

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards, Jonathan

Jonathan Tsiklas | Mechatronics Engineer

Go Fast Bits
No 2, Norman Street, Peakhurst 2210

T +61 2 9534 0099 | F +61 2 9534 3999

E jonathan.tsiklas@gfb.com.au | W www.gfb.com.au

Description: Logo thumbnail

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0