View Single Post
      05-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #1101
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husbardo View Post
I ordered the MPPK from getbmwparts for $912.95 w/discount coupon. Installed the cover, intake, and plaque myself (skipped the rocker panel stickers). Dealership did the MPPK programming (installed their installation sticker), reprogrammed the ASS, and reprogrammed the Sports Displays to HP/Ft Lb for $145.81.

So after being told it would take two weeks to get the Passenger Restraint System module, it arrived the next day. My car was magically ready for pick up on Fri at 5:00 after they buttoned up the headliner. (The same warning light came on as I got home, but that saga is for a different thread.). Anyway, it was of course Memorial Day Weekend and the air was thick with increased law enforcement presence so it was nearly impossible to have any fun...

I logged a little over 200 miles since the install, including one very spirited run for groceries. I agree with previous posts that Comfort Mode now feels more like Sport Mode did. Sport Mode now feels like I'm never need to use any other mode again... This is how the M Sport should have left the factory.

My wife likes the upgraded Comfort Mode and likes the subtly improved sporty engine and exhaust sounds. I don't think I can convince her on upgrading the exhaust at this point tho.

I'm scheduled for the post MPPK dyno on 6/3 and will update asap.
Looking forward to hearing the results. Getting my MPPK 335i dynoed on 6/11.
Appreciate 0