View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 09:13 AM   #23
BBri89
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Bought some black aluminium mesh from everyones favourite auction side.
Fitted it behind the grilles to protect the new air con radiator and intercooler from stones.

Unfortunately the bottom of the bumper wouldn't fit again afterwards, the mesh I'd secured behind the lower grille was stopping the under tray from locating in the bottom of the bumper, so I had to remove the bottom mesh and will think about how to fit it in future.

Also planned on fitting 2 new horns whilst the bumper was off, as the Lo-tone one doesn't work and the Hi-tone one is very much on its way out... but they haven't arrived yet (expected them at least 2 days ago) so will have to do that via the plastic wheel arch when they arrive.

Took about 30 minutes of fettling afterwards to get the panel-gap between the bumper and bonnet right. Wasn't hard, just frustrating and time consuming to get it even the whole way across and match the gaps between bonnet and wings.

I also painted the V-brace with some black satin hammerite while the bumper was off, as some of the paint was starting to flake away and show the metal underneath.

My progress thread
Appreciate 1
f30paul51.50