04-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #5
Sedds
F30 Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendeyo View Post
Hoping someone can tell me if this is a true concerning error or not? I have this transfer case error coming up under info memory and I'm unable to clear it. It's been listed for about 6 months. Do I just need to have the fluid replaced in my transfer case? I typically do all the work myself but this looks to be a ridiculous job based on the location of the drain plug.

2013 335xi F30
JB4 Map 5
110,000 miles

Info memory
Dynamic Stability Control
480AB5: TRANSFER CASE LONG-TERM PROTECTION FUNCTION REQUESTED BY
THE LMV

Anyone ever get info on this or what's causing the code to trigger? I just got Bimmerlink and cleared all the bogus codes my 2017 340 x drive was throwing. This code remains and Bimmerlink says it is unable to remove the code.

No permanent codes/errors, just this single code showing up in Info Memory that will not go away.

FWIW, I purchased the car CPO back in November with 30k miles on the nose. I'm pretty close to hitting 35K right now. At about 32,500 I very luckily noticed a fluid leak in my driveway by chance. Wasn't even looking for it because I figured the car is so new why would it be leaking. I diagnosed it as a front diff leak and took it in. O ring and bolt on the front diff were replaced under warranty and new fluid was added.

Related/unrelated? I'm covered with CPO until May 2022, but I've read a lot of issues with people having front diffs, rear diffs, and TC replaced on these cars. Would like to get it all sorted before losing the warranty.

Thanks for any help/info.
Appreciate 0