View Single Post
      05-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #14
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

Looking great! Did you just go through with blue thread and trace the old or did you die the threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Thanks, the brake thread was fun. I really enjoyed powder coating them and seeing the results.

I always loved looking at contrast stitching on seats and thought this should have been an option on our cars, so I googled seat stitching and found this thread on an NSX forum and copied what he did.

This is just a subtle difference that makes the interior stand out a little...not that mine needs help standing out with all the color matched paint I have in it...but it ties it together nicely.

I started the stitching of the headrests a while ago. I have done all the headrests and rear seat. I took the rear bench out and did it while watching TV. I started the passenger side seat, but determined it will be easier to remove the seat and do it inside the house than bending down in the garage and doing it. I was planning on doing another thread on it, but never got around to it since I wasn't finished.

The front seats have a LOT of stitching...so I guess I saved the worst for last. I wanted to get my feet wet before tackling the seats though.

It is very time consuming, but not hard at all. Again I enjoy doing things myself and to have something custom makes me happy.

Anyway here are a few pics of the progress so far.

Rear Headrests

Drivers Headrest

Rear Seat stitching...same on both sides of seat

Passenger front seat--so far