12-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #9
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by navardi View Post
About 22psi but boost spiked to 25, as i had the jb4 incorrectly setup with bm3 for stacking, i was on map 6 running +2psi boost but my FF wastegate setting was dialed in for the stock tune not adapted for the bm3 tune thus overboosting, FOL setting in jb4 was 95 so afrs were 10, which ended up ruining my injectors because the
Demand was too high, so word of caution when stacking a piggyback and an ecu tune, let the tune manage boost, and leave piggyback for either additional fueling or meth/e85 control or PI setup

Car was otherwise completely stock, besides an exhaust with factory downpipe and an custom intake i was also running 40% mix of e85. So wouldn't recommend running that combo on a stock setup also checking settings before a pull is wise
Yep that'll do it. Sorry to hear that but at least it gave you an excuse to take this build to the next level.

Also: how did the semi-closing of the deck work? Looks like they just put a couple billet rods in the coolant passages. Is that right? I'm sure it works to harden the engine to the power you'll make, but curious how it will effect cooling.