12-29-2018, 03:51 PM   #7
checkone
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 328i xDrive 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fharhanrahman View Post
Hi,

I reset it again after my last post and came back again on start up today. It seems to choose when to come though because I’ve driven the car in between my last post and and didn’t get the signal.

In fact I just turned off the car and turned it on while writing this after driving a mile or two and it’s gone again. Soon to come again for sure.

I don’t have a fuse diagram but do you think this is something I can just change the fuse for ? I was thinking I may have to change the wastegate component.

I really hope this isn’t a serious issue / fix.

I had that problem few weeks ago. I got a CEL ON and at that time I haven't my OBDII to check it, so I disconnected the battery for a moment and connected it back. The car was sitting in my garage and the next day I took it for a drive. While driving, I got that same message as DRIVETRAIN MALFUNCTION on the iDrive monitor and also the DSC Dynamic Stability Control came ON on the cluster.

So I just deactivated the DSC (that button on the pedestal panel) and reactivated it back and the problem was solve. I recycle that button while the DRIVETRAIN MALFUNCTION was showing. Try that when next time it happen and maybe it could helps. Also, did you disconnected your battery lately?

Just find out that my CEL was for P0597 which is for a thermostat problem and not the DRIVETRAIN.
Appreciate 0