09-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #65
OdomPHD
I break for no one
United_States
Rep
Drives: e9o "Vanity 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Sorry to burst your fantasy - But the 335i/335d designation remains for the 3er.
I do not forsee any entry or compact models being given 40i. as it is purely the mainstay of upper segment models.
So, basically, there won't be a 340i. That's fine by me, considering the next logical step up the engine chain would be the 1Ms engine, and that would undermine that car. Not to mention, a suped up 335i that had the performance of a 1M would kill the market for an M3 if you could buy the 335i off the lot that way. Therefore, keeping a strait forward N55 in all 35i models (i.e. limiting power output to sub 1M levels) makes sense, and a turbo four in the 28i models that creates no competition for the turbo six also makes sense.

So basically, even though all BMWs look the same now, they will be clearly be differentiated (still) by engine output and performance parts. I LIKE IT. lol

Can SCOTT confirm that what we know as the 335i coupe (E92) will in the near future be called a 435i coupe (F32)? It's been asked before, I'm sure. But as we near the official release of the 3er sedan we will see the F32 in camo testing. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one lurking around in November or later for winter testing. Surely with the car already in driving form BMW has decided if they will create an entire new number class for it. And thankyou for your input on the forums in general, by the way! Keeps it exciting.
Appreciate 0