AudiA4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 G01 X3 M40i (Black/Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiA4 View Post
Well first, I said I preferred the F30 interior.

Second, yes, I don't think it feels any more powerful than the specified stats would suggest (255 vs. 300)...MORE importantly, it's normally aspirated, so the power is IMMEDIATELY accessible down low...no lag. That means in most circumstances around town, the power is more accessible. The only time the F30 feels more powerful is at the top end, when you wind it out...that turbo push from 4,500 RPM up. I guess reading this, I've simply described the flat torque curve of a NA engine vs. a boosted engine, and all the requisite pros and cons.
The interior comment wasn't directed towards you.. just a comment.. Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

As for N/A power being immediately available "down low" You've got it twisted.... N/A engines typically get their peak power/torque much higher in the rev range than do turbo engines. Turbocharged engines such as the N54/N55/B58 get their power and torque early and tend to peter out as revs climb north of 6,500 RPM. Small N/A engines, on the other-hand, are typically gutless in the low end, and come alive in the upper rev range, i.e. the small V8 in the e9x M3/ the 4.2 in the RS5/ and any N/A 4- banger Honda engine.
You've somehow misunderstood my description. I'm basically saying there's no turbo lag and the torque curve is flatter, so you have more power down low without having to wind the motor to generate boost. Like I said, I'm simply describing the most basic positive attribute commonly ascribed to NA engines.

2014 F30 335i (EB) 6MT, M Sport, Premium, Tech, DHP, HK, CW, M Brakes, M Exhaust

2006 E90 330i (Silver) 6MT, Sport
Appreciate 0