shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
But if those codes were originally bought for the retrofit head unit, then won't they already be installed on it. Why would I need to pull them again?

And if I want to add those options to a unit where they were originally purchased for it then who would I buy these from?

Sorry. Still learning
I advised you in post #55 that you could just use the Donor VIN with the existing FSC Codes in it, and an Emulator.

You then asked about ordering FSC Codes for another VIN, and I am simply telling you that 1) the other VIN needs to be newer and 2) if that VIN already has the FSC Codes issued, you would not need to buy them, you just need someone with acess to pull them from BMW server.

Suppose for example the Donor VIN only has Navigation activated, but you want Voice Control and BMW Apps too. So, now you have to find another VIN newer than yours that has FSC Codes issued for all 3 options (NAV, Voice, and Apps), then you change Head Unit to this new VIN and Import and Activate those FSC Codes in it to use with Emulator, then you get all 3 functions.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0