11-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #8
lkstaack
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivo View Post
Wouldn't I just be able to unplug the chip and it would be like it was never there? and if you happen to know what a flash tune is, would I need to do this?

Thank you for all your help
You know that the BMS Stage 1 isn't a chip, right? It is a piggyback harness that retrieves sensor data from the stock sensors, directs it to the harness CPU that sends the modified data to the ECU. It is the typical way that tunes for current model BMWs are shared because flash tunes are too hard to mass produce. And yes, you can easily revert to stock by disconnecting it. However, there will be costs associated with installing and uninstalling the harness if you are unable to do it yourself.

I strongly recommend that you research all that you can on this harness. I know nothing about it. You may find, like some JB4 owners, that it can cause malfunction codes. There is usually a simple solution to fixing these codes. Simple for those familiar with BMWs, I mean. For all others, it means a trip to the shop. As I mentioned earlier, you must be prepared to learn all you can about any particular mod, or be prepared to throw money at it.
Appreciate 1
avivo1.50