johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeFitty8_F32 View Post
'17 440i xDrive on KW street comforts with EDC. Initial setting was in the middle for almost a month while I drove on Texas roads. Felt a little to cushy for me in sport mode. Clicked them one notch harder. Comfort is stiffer than before and I almost miss the cushy feel it used to offer, but sport is a ton better and worth the loss of comfort cushion.
Height is currently set to the highest they will go which ultimately dropped the car about an inch all around.
I think the xDrive weight is a lot to deal with so I may end up swapping out my sway bars in the future. I do have the front strut brace which does help, but not enough.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XTzU6FMnEGf6o8zU7
You made an excellent coilover choice. KW is high quality and they do an excellent job of matching up spring rates with the correct dampers.

(Note: Bilstein does a terrible job of this especially with the B16's that use front springs that are way too stiff.)

You mentioned sway bars. I'm a big proponent of upgrading sway bars. It's not done very much on the F3x simply because the sway bars are buried so the labor is expensive to remove everything in the way to get to them.

Get solid sway bars. There are many examples of hollow bars suddenly snapping.

Choosing sway bars is mostly dependent on the front and rear spring rates. FaRKle! has written about this so search on his posts and check out his YouTube channel.

https://youtube.com/user/FaRKle0079

For your KW Comfort setup I'd consider a front H&R 28mm sway bar. See photo. The rear H&R 20mm sway bar can be a little too strong and effect the rear tire contact. Other options are the BMW 15mm rear bar or the KC Design 17mm rear bar. (For comparison my '15 335ix came with a stock 12mm rear bar. Other BMW models have smaller rear bars.)

I really enjoy driving my car with upgraded suspension and upgraded sway bars. A well matched set of sway bars significantly reduces body roll on curves so the car corners flat!

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2