SSJTrunks523
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xic '11.0 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
My point is that as long as no penalty is given, its apparantly allowed. Over the years the competition management has become much more strict than in the early years, so in this case they choose to not give out penalties. why? because it was no ones single fault.
And I didnt say having no respect was an advantage, I said it didnt matter on the track. All professional racing drivers are opportunistic as hell and will grab a chance when they get it. Thats how you get to that level. And I'm sure that such scenarios are set out in detail in advance with the team bosses (the drivers employer), because it can result in either getting a podium spot with more propability to crash or to go home 6th or 10th (or lower) with a few point and little media coverage. There are without doubt meetings about how much risk to take and such.
But that is something completely different that what you said earlier and when something like this incident was done to you, you'd get back at him later at a training session or so for petty revenge. I'm sure you'll get fired for that, the team boss yelling at you for risking multimillion dollar hardware without any chance on result just for some petty grief.
And you also said something about in team fighting. There were no team mates, and 'possible future team mates' are now still straight competitors. the 'enemy' on the track. They are there to get maximum result. Not to make friends or 'gain respect' It's that simple. so you do what you can get away with rule wise and what your team boss or sponsor wants. Because if you dont, the other one will. thats why there were 3 cars in the corner.
If he really was driving too dangerously or caused too much damage, the FIA would give him a penalty. Obviously that can still happen but as of now they dont. What drivers say on tv is of no importance, thats just playing the media. Maybe hoping or trying to put RBR in a bad daylight so they slow Verstappen down. The FIA has the power/mandate to give penalties and who am I to say they dont have the knowledge or expertise. because that's basically what you're saying. You're angry that they didnt black flagged him. because you know better than them.
What I meant was that he might end up doing such a thing, and I could see a driver taking a penalty to get back at another driver. It happens in every sport besides golf and pro fishing.

There are teams. Ferrari is a Team. RBR is a Team. Merc is a team with in-fighting and it is costing them (though not enough to put them out of the title).

All of the experts and drivesr except VES have said that his blocks are unsafe. Doesn't need to come from me.

They don't need a black flag. He doesn't even need a penalty. Someone just needs to say "Son. Stop it or we will have to do something."

It seems that everyone except the FIA (because VES is good for ratings due to people liking him pre-antics) and VES are saying the blocks were dangerous.

Next time you are out on the highway, try having a buddy cut you off at 100mph. Imagine doubling that and let me know how it works out.

2011.0 E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP ZTP ZPP Black Wrapped Jerez Black + 2007 E92 328xic 6MT
2007 YZF-R6 + 2001 Honda Shadow ACE
1989 RS Camaro - HO 350, Dynomax headers, flowmaster AT exhaust, 4.56 gears
2015 STI Launch Edition
Appreciate 0