Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: -18 i3S, -10 E90 320ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atiqofsweden View Post
Yes, between December 1 and March 31 if the road is considered by the police to have "winter conditions" such as Frost, Snow, Slush or Ice. you will be fined like $145 per tire that does not meet the winter conditions requirements

you will also need to have a minimum thread depth across the entire surface of 3mm!
As much as this may sound wild for some - I personally appreciate what Swedish government has done for safety regulation enforcement. This is truly great - Way to go !

p.s. you should see some of our goons rolling in snow-piles on summer run-flats ... on highways
edit: then again, you have snow for like what 6-9 months in a year ? ))
Yeah, it's nice that we have rules for stuff like this. Some good old Swedish safety precautions i guess. but then again, we did invent the 3-point seatbelt

I live in the very south of Sweden, not so much this winter!

I can imagine... we actually have idiots here aswell that ignore the winter tire laws and then crash when it gets slippery!

Snow just came in for the first time last week, so meteorologically speaking we have had autumn here since September

But in the northern parts there's a lot of snow!

|| BMW F31 Mineral Grey || JOM Coilovers || Supersprint Axleback || BM3 Stage 1 || GFB DV || Old cars: E46 320i, F30 318d celtic tuning stage 1 ||
Appreciate 0