Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

[QUOTE=Wires;24459999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post

That was my understanding back in 2016 as well. I did just check the BMW parts website, and they list LSD for our 2016 340 xdrive now.

I'd like to get an LSD like the torque vectoring sport diff in my Audi SQ5. There is a traffic circle leaving my work that the bloated SQ5 drives around like on rails. My 340 xdrive understeers like a mofo on that same circle.
I found a printout I made in 2016 of the BMW accessories web site listing for the LSD and it gives the same part number (33108659989) for the unit that they show now. I worked in parts for 13 years for a Volvo Dealer and I will tell you Volvo changed part numbers at the drop of a hat. Even the slightest modification resulted in a new part number, changing suppliers was enough to warrant a part number change and I can't believe BMW is any different. For them to modify the LSD enough for it to now work in my 340 would certainly have resulted in a part number change, otherwise how would they know old stock from new? Bottom line, I say BMW has the web page screwed up just like they did in 2016 and I'll bet this LSD unit will not work. I know I'm not going to have my Dealer take my rear end apart ... again .. to find out for sure.