View Single Post
      10-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #30
misterbeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92, E46 M3, E39 M5, 750Li

Let me start off by saying it is good in terms that they have included more options/features in this model, which was expected.

That being said, I do not know why they went cheesy with 3 variants and called them modern, sport and luxury. A BMW 3 series (and any BMW for that matter) should embody all these features in one single car, so I don't understand why they segregated them in this manner. I think it is plain cheesy of them and a poor management decision.

Exterior:

The way the lights extend and merge in to the grill is awkward and ruins the aesthetics of the front. No, it does not look mean; it looks awkward and unsightly. If they wanted to expose the grill, they could have done it in a better way.

Hood line should have extended all the way to the headlights and the grill instead of being cut off. That cut off hood line looks awful.

It does not make sense to have those badges on the side - Modern, Sport and Luxury. Terrible.

The fog lights and the surrounding fog light trim look cheap and plastic.

The rear lights are similar to a 5 series, but executed not as well, with the wedge cut off at the bottom inner ends.

Interior:

M Sport package with the body-colored line across the dash. Seriously? What is this? A VW Beetle? Or a luxury-sport sedan?

M Sport steering wheel - I am not driving a roadster here.

Navigation screen - badly executed. So much better in 5, 6 and 7 series.

Cup holders and covers - bad placement of cup holders, terrible finish on the cup holder covers.

I hope they do a better execution of the new 3 series coupe. I'll have mine with Sport, Modern and Luxury all wrapped in one, please, without a badge on the outside to tell me what the car personifies. I shall let the BMW badge do the talking. Thank you.
Appreciate 0