johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddersen View Post
I need a car that is easier to get into and out of. I have osteochondrosis in my lower spine and it means that it can’t bend and when I try to do so it hurts. In worst case the getting down into the seats and out again causes me up till an hour of pain on a normal working day. Once in the car I need a seat with lumbar support and it has to hold me in place when fx turning. So I need good adjustable side support as well. The last thing about the seat is that is has to be electric in order to have micro adjustments.

Basically I need to be able to get into the car with as few body movements/bends as possible and the X1 is really the best available car there is in the market for me. All the seat options the X1 offers are not found in the similar Audi, Mercedes models or any other make for that sake. Any non-X BMW is too low and X3 or higher is too tall. The i3 is also perfect in regards of getting in and out but it doesn’t offer sport seats.

I don’t need any of the space the X1 offers or xDrive so if it wasn’t for my back I would have kept the F30 for at least a couple of years more. I know the X1 will never ever offer the fun and driving pleasure my F30 gave me but luckily my wife has an M240i (see it here https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1644646) I can take for a spin if I miss the power and the RWD. I guess the X1 will just give me a new kind of driving pleasure.
Thanks for sharing. I've got back issues so I get it. Glad you were still able to find a BMW solution with the X1. I'm gonna start checking the X1 forum. By next year you'll probably be adding a big turbo, air suspension and staggered with 285's in back. Take care!
Appreciate 1
Feddersen451.00