08-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #20
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
The difference ends up being more than $10k because I don't even want a 335. I want a 328.

To be honest, I've always wanted a Porsche since I was a little kid. The Porsche Boxster base price is the same as a ActiveHybrid3 base price, so I'd probably get that.
Fair enough if you're considering a 328i. But the difference is smaller than you think. Because of the higher residual of the ActiveHybrid 3, if you're doing a lease as I am, the $6K difference between the 335i and AH3 evaporates and it works out to an identical monthly payment.

I agree on the Porsche... have constantly been eyeing one myself. I can't get past the premium they place on all of the options though. They upcharge for EVERYTHING, down to color logos on the wheels instead of black & white. A $50K Porsche is really more like $85K once you add the best of the options. And their lease deals aren't nearly as good as BMW so the gap widens even further. I think I ran the numbers and a fully spec'd Boxster S was very close to the same lease monthly price on a new M5.
Appreciate 0