Matthewricha
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno 9000 View Post
Thanks for your honesty.
I would be interested to hear of people's experiences of the B6 & B4 Damptronic, especially with respect to comfort and body control.
I have B4 Damptronic on my 235i and had the Koni FSD (Now Special Active) on my previous e92 335i.

The FSD's with Eibach Pro springs were a revelation compared to the standard passive m sport shocks. So much more compliant and eliminated the crashiness. Also improved handling in corners!

With my current car I went from pre-LCI adaptive shocks with M Sport springs (which was comfortable in comfort, although wollowy and too hard in sport); then changed to M Performance springs. This got rid of the wollow in comfort and meant i wasn't constantly changing between modes, but still a bit crashy. Then swapped for some M140i LCI Adaptive shocks and even though the same part numbers, they were much more compliant no crashing!

Jan 2020 i swapped to B4 Damptronic and retained M P Springs. 3k miles later and they have slightly softened up and are very good at back road spirited drives, very controlled damping. My issue is that they have compromised the below 30mph comfort over broken road. The rebound force is noticeably higher and feels like it's punching the wheels into the ground. I do wonder of the high spring rate of the M P springs is part of the problem and that I should move to Eibach springs. Either that or move bsck to my LCI adaptive shock and retain the MP Springs.

Eitherway i can't recommend Koni FSD (SA) shocks enough for comfort.
Appreciate 1