05-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #54
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
yea, but all the price added was options like premium package, xenons, tech package, etc. none of that added to the performance and handling. they could have used a base or sport line and it would be way cheaper.
Very true. Last week ordered a 328i (for my son (As I've said in other posts, I HATE this lines thing, but buying for my kid, it doesn't bother me at all) and with the stuff I think he needs and would like, (Sport line, tech package, heated seats and wheel, upgraded audio and moonroof -- no leather) my dealer will sell it for roughly $40K. I would have liked to get the red interior and the xenon lights, but that would have pushed me outside my budget (40K). Moreover, the xenons force one to get the premium package, which to my mind is the biggest waste of money going.

Though I don't care at all for this "lines" thing, I'm content that I can get a suitable car for a reasonable price. Someone above mentioned the Benz being $41K As I'm paying a bit less than that, the BMW seems all the better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0