03-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #13
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikH View Post
I have similar issue where my transmission at low speeds shifts roughly or delayed. I tried to have the dealer identify and fix this issue, but they/I could not duplicate the problem. Keep us posted if you find a solution.
this is a known issue with the ZF 8 speed. the jerky shift and hesitation happens at 1500RPM right? anyways, there is a "sweet spot" in the throttle position that will prevent the shift from jerking the whole car. you just have to experiment at low speeds in a parking lot or something and find it.

also, please refer to the post above this one. I believe the problem I am talking about is engine related and not transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikH View Post
Thanks for the reply guys. Any risk of making it worse if I do the transmission adaptation reset? Also, is this the right procedure?

Well, tried the procedure again today, and...it worked!
- Foot off brake
- Press start to turn on car (but not start)
- Press accelerator for about 30-40 seconds
- Press start to turn off car
- Release accelerator
- Waited about 3 minutes, then started normally and drove off
there is no harm in doing an adaptation reset and yes, that is the right way to do it. it will probably help, but like I said you do need to find that sweet spot to help with low RPM jerkiness. It would help to reset your transmission when you buy a used car or something like that.
Appreciate 0