View Single Post
      07-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #77
Drisser
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d/Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

In total agreement there Chompers

The value in an M140 (and agree with the Cayman even more so) is keeping the spec sensible and getting the hardware for a bargain price. I don't think you need a lot more than prof nav and metallic on the M140 as I would go for manual 3 door. With discount that came in at £26k which is a steal.

When I specced the Cayman as well I added about £4k of options only with a manual base car - bigger wheels, metallic, heated seats and nicer interior leather. That came in at £44k and ought to get £2k off so for £42k that is good value yet you see Cayman S's in showrooms for £70k specced to the hilt.

I managed without a blind spot warning light for 20 years so don't need one now. I haven't needed to fold the mirrors on my 330d manually once in the last 10 months so don't need them either. and so it goes on. All these things are nice to have but there is a small list of new cars - Cayman, M2, M140 etc that are all good value in sensible spec