View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 10:52 AM   #7
smuttana
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' G80 M3 Comp

Springs Installed (Updated 1 Month Review)

So I purchased the H&R X-Drive Springs New off of **********, lowest price on the Internet and arrived within 24 hours of placing the order!
My car has 49k miles, and I did not upgrade the struts or bump stops.

Install:
Overall time took 6.5 hours with myself and a friend have done numerous spring/coilover installs on our previous cars. Reason for that much time was getting stuck up on small stuff, such as lining up the shock and arm back, and having to search for the correct tools. If we had done it again, it would be done within 4 hours max.

Results:
Immediately it was noticeable that the car dropped nearly 1.5" all around, as expected, and upon test driving the ride quality felt nearly the same as stock surprisingly, as I read many reviews where people were mentioning it was stiff. In addition, no squeaking sounds or anything odd occurred. I'm assuming they may drop slightly more, but will be getting an alignment after 1 month/1k miles, as I purchased new tires too

Overall:
I am highly pleased with how the result, and the car now looks great. Handling wise, I do not feel much of a difference with aggressive cornering. Now, on normal flat roads the car drives smooth and great, however bumps in the road do feel noticeably stiffer and a bit uncomfortable. It really depends on how bad the roads by you are. Mine are decent in South NJ, hence I am happy with the overall outcome.

Last edited by smuttana; 06-08-2018 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0