08-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #83
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacked out 2013 View Post
I had the error occur approx a week,ago while I was letting a friend driv emu car for the first time.( I haven't let anyone drive it but myself and wife lol)... I was very low on fuel and had warned my friend maybe we should add some before we pulled out of the gas station parking lot. He said he just wanted to drive up the street and back to feel what it was like. On the way back the message popped up about the drivetrain malfunction etc nd he said he felt a little vibration. The car said approx 2 miles to empty. We returned to gas station less than mile away and I filled car up with premium 93 octane as I always do.( not sure why some posters say there car says minimum 89. My gas tank clearly says premium gas with a 91 minimum octane. However most mids are 89 and premium is 93 octane in my areas, so I always use 93...... After filling it up, I started the engine and the same error popped up very briefly and then it cleared on its on and has never came back on. I just got back from a family vacation to Panama City Beach and the drive approximately 600-700 round trip and I had zero problems. I have a 8AT with the paddle shifters and drove in every mode after and did plenty of WOT, with zero issues. Apparently it's an error when you get too low on gas and the engine isn't getting proper fuel. I saw another poster in this thread that posted the pictures of his code in the dash and I saw the DTE said 7 miles. This error was probably only due to low fuel. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the update. That's good to know.