View Single Post
      12-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #14087
Hyperbart
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d Gran Coupé

shawnsheridan

It's been a while, good to see you're still active in the scene.

I had a whole list of FDL codings, after a "small upgrade" my BMW 4 started to sound the horn when I closed the car while the engine was still running. Most of my codings were still intact, some vanished. I was absolutely not amused by the change...

Ffwd to couple of days ago, car had to go in for maintenance and I requested to return it to the factory state it came with. Boy oh boy was I in for a surprise, they requested a special "code" with BMW AG to remove the HONKHONK and did a "full reprogram" if I understood correctly, all my codings are gone, but the bizarre thing is all my "normal user" settings are still intact (like the shortcuts you can put on the numbers 1-8 on the dash)... Sometimes when I go to my other dealer they did "an upgrade" and all my "normal user settings" (like those shortcuts) were gone but my codings still intact.

Last time I coded my car was almost 2 years ago (16/02/2018) and I used the cheat sheet here https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1020138 . Turned out pretty good, everything was clear.

What's the state of the union today, which guide is best to use?

Do you mind sending me the latest bits and bytes use-able for my 2015 4 GC?

Thanks in advance, and all the best!
Appreciate 0