09-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #192
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Man, if i was lucky enough to be driving a manual i would be clutching in or coasting in neutral.
Haha, if only it were that easy. There's no such thing as coasting in neutral in heavy NYC traffic. Cars move a few feet at a time and if you let even the smallest of gaps in between you and the car in front you will either be cut off or honked at by the a-hole behind you. As for clutching in everytime I need to slow down, my clutch would be toast cuz I'd be clutching every few feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Maybe it is the regenerative braking kicking in? I think a motor engages somewhere in the drivetrain when the car is coasting that generates current to recharge the battery.

If you have the extended display do you see this pronounced when the fuel use indictor points to recharge mode?
I actually didn't know about such a feature and even if this were so I guess it's a characteristic of the car and would be difficult if not impossible to turn off (not that anyone would want to turn it off, better a little rough engine braking than a dead battery).
Appreciate 0