View Single Post
      10-08-2018, 10:42 AM   #16
eksigned
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Ultimately we will have 75 examples in the field to report if what we say can be trusted. Anything coming from my mouth obviously doesn't hold much weight. =)

I can only point to 2 years of development on this intake. We have ridiculous demand for this product and have had that demand for that entire time but we kept tweaking it in order to get it right rather then release a product that was subpar. We want to make money just like any other company but we don't want to rush it if it can be avoided either. And yes, we have taken a bit of a hit to the reputation due to the B58 tuners (2 series specifically) but we are actively trying to resolve those outliers (have (3) 2-Series cars in the shop this week). We have always, and will always, stand behind our products so if it creates an issue we will resolve the problem in one way or another.

We have never tested the AFE option so I can't say what exactly the precise differences may be. Ultimately if the price point is not what you deem acceptable then their other options in the marketplace which is good for the end-user. Generally speaking I find it poor form to compare competing products in a public sphere as it typically comes off as bashing but there are differences (CF and volume being the obvious ones).

Connecting arm houses the AMM/AFM which needs to be precise. CF, even when using a mold is still a hand process that has some amount of variation, especially when you are talking about a section where a factory sensor plugs into. An injection molded plastic piece provides that preciseness.

The dip in the elbow is one of the main reasons that the intake took so long to release. Went through at least a dozen variations trying to minimize the disruption to the flow caused by the radiator bracketry that makes that dimple necessary.
For the record, your reply is much appreciated!
Appreciate 4