United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauchodan View Post
Here are my issues:

-Android iDrive date shows Jan 1
-Android iDrive music doesn’t use BT music. It's a separate Android app and the iDrive section only works with the pre-installed songs on the hard drive.
-Dimming is inconsistent between iDrive and Android settings. iDrive settings don't seem to save/work.
-Carplay (zlink) does not automatically start when BT and Wifi are connected
-I changed the BMW bootup logo and now I can't revert it back to the original
-I'd like to remove the "android" logo when booting up
-MPH on OEM side is way off. Also uses liters for gas.
-Bluescreen (I didn't order it, but got it anyway) can't be seen with polarized sunglasses

I supposed I'm wondering what value the Android iDrive screens provide? Carplay is great when it's working, but the audio isn't that great. I had to run AUX from the HU to the armrest to get this to work.

I ordered from Navidom, but it's the same from Avin. A friend ordered from Avin and the packaging, everything, is the exact same.
1 - My Date / Time never seems to sync right ( I agree with that )
2 - The music app will play any songs you copy to its internal memory or from USB.. You can also remove the songs or link that to a diff app like spotify
3 - I dont seem to have any dimming issues, If headlights are on it dims and if they are not its brighter.
4 - Carplay seems to work fine, Somtimes I just have to fiddle with it but mostly its fine and autostarts
5 - I havent messed with the logo stuff
6 - Would be cool to remove the Android Logo on boot but not a deal breaker
7 - Agree I wish it was in gallons not liters and that MPH is way way off, Says like 125mph when im doing 75mph
8 - Blue Anti Glare - I also ordered black and got blue, I feel black doesnt even exist because many others said the same.

For me ( I had a 6.5" without Bluetooth audio ), I gained wireless carplay and a much nicer big screen... The android apps
and custom stuff is neat but mostly im in Carplay and just love that I now have full navigation, wireless streaming audio amd
a much nicer screen.

The most major complaint I have is the sound quality is a little worse, I have HK Audio with and I notice it.. The latest 3.8 software
appears to have made it a little better and if we can just find a way to leverage the internal DSP or get Viper4Audio or something to
work that maybe resolved as well..
Appreciate 0