Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Yes, if your car enters the service bay and a tech spends time diagnosing the car... you will be charged the hourly labor rate.

If they find a warrantee-able issue, you wont have to worry about it. But based on your comments thats unlikely to be the case.
I brought my car in about three weeks before the warranty expired to have them look into a possible oil leak an indy shop mentioned. They gave me a loaner while they diagnosed it, said they did not find a leak but cleaned the engine bay and applied a dye to certain areas, told me to drive it for a week or two and come back the week before it expired to see if the dye indicated any leaks. Brought it back the week it was expiring, gave me a loaner again, diagnosed it and confirmed there was no leak.

Dealership didn't charge me for anything either visit and I didn't even buy my car from them. Guess it's dealer dependent.
I do agree and believe that the End of Warranty check should be and is free or complimentary.

Its the middle of the road... nothings wrong but I want you to bring it in and check anyway... that will be charged at least an hours labor.

As it should in my opinion. They cant diagnose cars for free or their businesses would not survive.
Appreciate 0