Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Gross View Post
Just introducing myself here, figured this would be a good thread to do it on. The F34 forum doesn't have much traffic? I just picked up a CPO 2015 F34 335x. I live in Lake Orion, commute to Novi now to new job office.
First BMW. It is covered until July 2020 so I am not looking to do too much until then, or may just sell and move on, that's TBD.
I've had "unique" 4 doors in the past. 2005 CTV-V maggied, suspension, etc, 1996 Impala SS with lots of modifications, and I still own a 1992 Mistu Galant VR-4 #490/1000. My wife has had an 00 A6 2.7T 6M, and a Volvo S60R 6M. I have definite opinions on all the above, and still unsure on this F34....

I am leaning toward the BMW being not "manly" enough (in the trim and form that fit my budget currently). I didn't want a huge payment with the new job, though. In the future I can see:
1) Summer wheels/tires with the widest possible rear tire. (100% aesthetic, yes)
2) M Performance brake kit with Orange calipers (nearly entirely aesthetic, yes)
3) Performance tune, intake, possible exhaust

I would love to have someone run some coding for a lot of little fixes like start up screens, button functionality, unlock on engine off, etc. I'm just not sure if that would void my warranty under CPO. Technically not unless they could prove it was a direct cause, but I'd rather keep everything legit during CPO coverage to avoid any issues. To the point where I will eat the cost and all oil changes under warranty will be performed at a BMW dealer for tracking purposes.

Anyway, I can suggest a Detroit area shop: Vast Performance in Ferndale. Details in another thread I posted in. These guys are stand up guys, did Audi's in the early 2000s, now back with Audi's and others, including BMWs. I was on the fence between the F34 and Audi A7 / A5 hatch... but the A5 hatches were too new for my wallet and the A7s were fairly pricey with a stop sale when I needed to buy this summer due to an airbag sensor issue.

Hopefully the car will grow on me. I really love the fact my 4 yr old can kick my driver seat, even when I keep it in my driving position! And the ease of throwing a bike or two in the back whenever needed.

-PJ Gross
I have the bimmercode app.. coding that stuff should be fairly easy
Appreciate 0