View Single Post
      04-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #204
GPM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
I appreciate this info and still trying to figure out if spiking to 1600 is the end of the world right now. I have like 5 emails out (sorry Nic!!) to Nic of AA for more info on the DP, temps, logging options..

Sitting at idle (assuming my logging is worth anything as I just dont know now) I am at like 800ish on the CAT sensor. Rolling driving, is roughly 1100-1200 or so, and then obviously the spike with current build to high 1500s and just barely 1600.

Are you running the catted Fabspeed DP?
No, stock DP.

I'll be interested to hear Nic's response. Silly little hashtags aside, I never think its a bad idea to ask questions, especially when you're dealing with very expensive equipment.

As I said earlier, I'd guess short spikes are not an issue but continued running at those temps could possibly cook a cat. At least according to those who manufacture them.

Since you're providing so much feedback to AA maybe they'll offer you a deal on a Simon 2 and software to continue your work. They could consider you an unpaid intern.