View Single Post
      02-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #187
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ActiveAutowerke View Post
I have fuel logs that will show an appropriate AFR throughout the pull, but realistically there is no excuse to release a tune with incorrect AFR seeing as these cars use widebands to target a ratio anyways.

I agree with you on the dyno comments, it is 100% possible to skew numbers with a Mustang, but that's something we simply don't do. If I wanted to mess with the readings, I would have done a 3rd or 4th gear pull to get lower IATs and more ignition timing (which would keep the power from falling as much up top) and then adjusted the weather parameters in the software to get the peak number I wanted in order to have a very pretty dyno to post. We dyno all of the cars here in higher gears with added load to try and match actual driving conditions. The same car with our flash on a Dynojet will never produce lower numbers than on our Mustang. Hopefully we'll see some independent results posted here soon.

We're engineers before we're programmers, so we have more R&D invested on the dyno modifying the core of the actual tune as opposed to the protocols and tools used to implement it. The tune you receive from us is guaranteed not to be the same as any other tuner. We aren't selling the same OTS maps that many companies are purchasing and selling as their own.
I can certainly appreciate that! With that said, I recently did an OBD Flash with you guys and I'm definitely enjoying the newfound power. How much continued research and updates do you do to already-existing maps? Do I need to stay up-to-date with any added features or the like?

Also, one potential "leg-up" BM3 and MHD seem to have is built-in logging capabilities. Any plans of implementing that with the Simon3? I think that the offer of 4 custom maps included in your package is great, and part of the reason I went with AA, but without direct logging capabilities, it makes it kind of moot unless I can get onto a dyno to do some logged runs (added cost). Idk, these are just my thoughts as someone new to the tuning realm. Am I wrong?

Last quick question relating to flash tunes. I'm currently on a 91oct map, I know I can request an E30 map if I want to run an E85 mix, but the question is, when would I flash the new map? Before or after filling a few gallons of E85? I don't think it'd be realistic to flash the map at the gas station, so either I'd be running the E30 map on 91oct gas on my way to the station, or I'd be running an E30 mix on the 91oct map on my way home from the station. Nearest Propel station is around 20 miles away from where I live.