Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by steker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCThumper View Post
Those of us living in the US and Canada definitely have it good. When you travel to Europe, South America, Europe, and Asia, it opens your eyes to how people live and the income disparity. Violent crime and kidnapping over there is real if you are wealthy. Bulletproof cars and security guards are normal. I visit the Phillipines every few years and I love it there but you need to be aware. You walk through metal detectors with armed guards upon entering a mall and there are no garbage cans in the mall (bomb threat). Home subdivisions have gates with armed guards. Cars get stopped for a bomb search before arriving at hotel doors. It's all normal stuff once you live there long enough. I love traveling the world but always feels good to come home to Cali. It makes me feel lucky for what I have and the freedom of movement.
LOL, are you serious? Did you not see the homicide rate image earlier this thread? Europe and Asia are much much safer places than the US. I feel a lot more unsafe when I'm in the US than in 90% of the countries in Europe
The US is a geographically large area and crime is primarily happening in dense, inner cities. Once you are out of that environment, crime in a non-factor. I work in NYC (pretty safe for a city, at least in business districts) but commute home to an area where a homicide in unheard of.
Appreciate 0