View Single Post
      07-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #156
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
We are proud to be very first in North America to have a fully working iDrive 5.0 retrofit on a 2016 M235i xDrive Convertible (Canadian spec) with all OEM parts.

Last week, we were able to obtain a full fledged iDrive 5.0 unit along with a screen and iDrive controller from a US 440i donor vehicle, flashed it to my vehicle's spec and loaded a custom set of FSC codes and to my surprise, we are able to retain all of the ConnectedDrive functionality that originally came with the vehicle! RTTI, Concierge, Internet and BMW Online are all working.

We have experimented with this in the past and tried with various iDrive 4.0 NBT EVO equipment but due to many difference in the hardware, we were never able to retain the vehicle's ConnectedDrive functionality.

We plan to make this retrofit available later this year to those who own a 2016 F2x and F3x vehicle that originally came equipped with navigation. If your vehicle was equipped with ConnectedDrive, you can keep using your existing subscription with our retrofit.

title says 5.0 and video shows 6.0
Appreciate 0