View Single Post
      01-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
kapkanimd
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

Thanks for the words. All in, I was around $1500. But it is certainly possible to be at 1200 or less if you are patient. When searching for parts just be patient, use vague search terms (bmw module, f30 module, etc), for eBay make sure you include international in search, set up search alerts for part numbers, for driver control module use 7316186 to search, etc.. You will likely have to get led modules at dealer unless you can find complete headlights. Check car-part.com for used headlights as well and always conform what's included with the headlight when buying.

pennektj: time wise, it took me a few months to gather all the necessary parts. on top of that I was not working with any kind of guide so I had to spend extra time figuring things out. I had to buy almost every electrical connector BMW sold for this car to find the right ones to use. As far as install time, it wasn't that bad, even without instructions. With this DIY, I cant imagine just the lights (without the level sensors) taking more that two hours, three tops if you are anal about electrical connections and want to be perfect.

Also, I am still not done with the DIY. I have to still add in the detail for the headlight removal and install. I have just been a little busy. Once done I will let you know.

Last edited by kapkanimd; 01-27-2014 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0