11-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #5
luca10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinalth View Post
I've been back and forth. I was originally going Vargas GC, but kept thinking I might want more. so, I'm probably either going pure 800 or CTS, depending on what the CTS option actually turns out to be. still so vague. But either way I'd get the BOV system first since I'm already getting compressor surge even on stock turbo. I'm not familiar enough with how the engine system manages air/fuel so I'm curious if a BOV will make the engine run rich due to loss of already metered air or if it won't care due to running something like speed density or purely based on MAP and know VE. if the latter two then VTA is just fine and recirc is not needed.... but if otherwise, i'd like to replumb to make sure all is well. this was made originally for the BB kit, which already deletes the MAF to my knowledge.
That seems to make sense. Well I actually do have the bov kit currently installed. Only problem is I installed a clutch the same day haha so I can't go WOT yet. I just thought it was still a bit quiet even though I am going like 50% throttle under 4K rpm on a 93 map so I'm only really hitting 4lb of boost under those conditions. But but once I go WOT, after maybe 250-300 miles of breaking in the clutch, I will post a review. I also have a GC turbo coming in which should get installed in a couple weeks so we'll see what my tuner has to say about the bov and afr