Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinweiss340 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luca10 View Post
Here's the pic. As mentioned, bigboost essentially welded the bov onto the upper half of the charge pipe.
Looks good! How was installing it? Did you do the install yourself?
I have a wastegate rattling issue with the stock one. I’ve been told that replacing my stock one is the only option.
Spending a few hundred extra to get a bov sounds pretty promising at this point. Seeing as you’re the only one on the forums that has it installed, please explain your experience with everything in detail haha.
Running bm3? Notice a difference? Pros and cons as of yet?
So the install was a bit tricky. I originally tried getting installed at the shop at first but for some reason it was not fitting on correctly because it was touching the timing belt. My guy told me I needed a throttle body spacer to have it fitted and give it enough clearance so it doesn't touch the belt.

I spoke to Juan and bigboost and he showed me few different ones installed without needed the spacer so I'm not sure if I got a wrongly welded piece, who knows but I ended up buying a throttle body spacer from bms and it was able to fit but with maybe .5mm of clearance from the timing belt.

The item did not come with instructions so my shop had me get in touch with Juan again to get instructions on wiring and boost taping to make sure it was being put in the right way.

So it wasn't too smooth of a process I'd say but I'd recommend asking Juan and making sure it will fit without a throttle body spacer unless you will end up needing one. Also make sure you get instructions with wiring and spots to tap before you tackle the install, then you should be good. If not Juan is responsive and will help you.

I was running a custom e50 tune from David Shoup but since I installed the clutch as well, I just put it back on a stage 2 93 map because I can't really push the car anyway and go WOT. I figured I'd use these two weeks to give my car a break from ethanol. But next week I will put the e50 tune back in and give a better review regarding sound.

Then following week is Vargas GC turbo install!