02-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blk335ix View Post
(2013 bmw 335ix f30 n55) Ive got aFe pro dry s drop in filter, aFe air scoop, BMS exhaust tips, painted reflectors, bootmod3 stage 1 93 octane, have a ER chargepipe ordered and awaiting shipment. I want more reliable power so im looking for ideas on what to do next, I live in NYS so their yearly smog testing is strict. so it keeps me from getting one. I have looked at the fabspeed highflow cat but people have said they do a visual exam. I would be taking it to the dealership for smog testing so I was wondering if they do a visual if there is no cel? so I guess the next upgrade is an intercooler. I don't have plans of upgrading my turbo so I heard wagner is good, but I don't want to void warranty so im looking at dinan. one of my main questions is.... I have the stock non m bumper so which intercooler would work best for the non m mbumper? I don't want to get an intercooler that is too big for my stock turbo or get covered by my bumper. any ideas?
Thanks in advance! (my first post)
I am not in NY or familiar with that States smog testing but I am a former dealer employee, if the technician or dealer is signing a legal document stating the emissions system is unaltered I suspect they will take whatever steps are needed to confirm that. That's my two cents worth anyway. Good luck!